Headquartered in Greenwich, Connecticut, The Erdmann Group has distinguished itself by providing customized advice and guidance to a select group of corporate executives, business owners and affluent families.
We are a 33 member team that have been entrusted with over $14B in assets, as of June 2022. We are relentless in our focus on risk-adjusted performance relative to a client’s long-term goals. We bring warmth, compassion and coordination to clients’ wealth management that we feel is distinctive.
Our team's most recent accolades:
Barron's: #1 Private Wealth Management Team in US 2019;
Top 10 Private Wealth Management Team in the United States in 2019-2022
Forbes: One of the Top Five Private Wealth Advisory Teams in the United States 2022
Our leader, Jeff Erdmann, has garnered a number of national accolades:
Forbes: Named #1 on Forbes ”America Top Wealth Advisor” list in 2016-2022.2
Barron’s: Top 100 Financial Advisors in the Nation, 2004 – 2022, including the Number 1 Advisor at Merrill from 2009 – 2022.3
Barron’s: Top Advisor Rankings, State-by-State, 2009 – 2022.4
Financial Times: Top 400 Financial Advisors, 2017.5
1 Barron’s “Top 100 Private Wealth Management Teams”
Published annually in April. Rankings based on data as of December 31 of prior year.
2 Forbes “America’s Top Wealth Advisors”
Published annually Aug – Oct. Rankings based on data as of Mar 31 – June 30 of current year.
3 Barron’s “Top 100 Financial Advisors”
Published annually Mar – April. Rankings based on data as of December 31 of prior year.
4 Barron’s “Top 1,200 Financial Advisors: State-by-State”
Published annually in February-March. Rankings based on data as of September 30 of prior year.
Years prior to 2014, this Barron's list consisted of 1,000 advisors.
5 Financial Times “400 Top Financial Advisers”
Published on March 30, 2017. Rankings based on data as of June 30, 2016.
6 Forbes “America’s Top Wealth Management Teams Private Wealth” 2022
Published on November 8, 2022. Rankings based on data as of March 31, 2022.
We believe your unique goals should be at the center of all of your financial decisions and form the foundation of your financial strategy. Because significant wealth requires customized goals-based financial strategies, we believe in building lasting relationships with a limited number of clients, taking the time to understand your most important priorities for today, tomorrow and your long-term future. Our philosophy celebrates collaboration. Working with a team of specialists, we draw on the resources and insights of a global financial institution to create strategies that reflect your aspirations for yourself and current and future generations of your family. Finally, we believe that while significant wealth brings complex challenges, our experience, passion and perspectives can help you simplify your life.
Value PropositionWe operate as a small boutique inside a global bank offering a suite of family office type services:
1. Wealth Management Planner – We clearly articulate how each financial decision impacts financial security; both in the long and short-term. We focus on outcomes to the stuff that matters to a family: education of future generations, buying a second home, investing in other businesses.
2. Investment Advisory Services – Have a clear understanding of your financial goals to help make sure your lifestyle is never disrupted. The effort is to help secure, improve and preserve investment assets offering a completely objective asset allocation mix
3. Personal Banker – Facilitate and take care of all credit and balance sheet management including mortgages, credit cards, basic banking, bill payment etc. *
4. Philanthropic Consultant – Assist families in their philanthropic pursuits to establish a family legacy as well as invest in the charitable causes that are most important to them.
5. + Friend – We are intentional about impact every day. We will be in the trenches with you when the world and/or family goals appear to be unbalanced and celebrating with you with life events and when goals have been accomplished
Banking products and services provided by Bank of America, N.A.
An Emphasis on the Family
We recognize that affluence can place unusual demands on families. We offer a range of services to promote the positive transmission of values and wealth between generations. Specifically, we partner with highly respected professionals who can facilitate constructive dialogue within families about their collective vision and expectations of wealth. These sessions enable families to defuse the potential pressures that accompany wealth so that they can more fully enjoy the responsibilities and opportunities that affluence presents.
"We make it a point to understand what matters most to each client, whether they’re a retired teacher or selling their company. What will they need to live on and to help their children? Can they afford to buy a second home? How should they support causes near and dear and what about their legacy? It’s about understanding the goals they have for their money.” Jeff Erdmann, Private Wealth Advisor