The Hunter McCormack Group
When wealth takes on a certain scale, its management can become complex and time consuming. At the Hunter-McCormack Group, we help relieve that pressure, managing multiple facets of wealth so that clients can focus on the people and priorities they most value.
We’ve advised ultra-high-net-worth clients throughout our careers, so we understand the intricacies of their situations. Each client is different—a singularity that we honor through the depth and rigor of our approach. Clients from varied paths seek our assistance, including C-suite executives, private business owners, entrepreneurs, and successful families.
We are a close-knit team that derives genuine satisfaction from helping people thrive. Here are a few of the ways that we look to provide a different kind of client experience:
- An enduring relationship. We build—and retain—meaningful relationships with the clients we serve. Our knowledge of each family—their preferences, needs, dynamics and aspirations—allows us to serve as trusted confidantes and members of their inner circle. That knowledge, we believe, is difficult to replicate, cementing our long-term ties.
- A deeper engagement. We invest significant time with the clients we serve, delving into their situations and developing a perceptive understanding of the issues they face. For ultra-high-net-worth clients, “the exception” often proves to be more applicable than the rule. Our team is highly skilled in unwinding the complexities of significant wealth, helping clients capitalize on opportunities, identify possible gaps in planning and execution, and enact a more cohesive approach to their financial lives and legacies.
- An emphasis on client ease. Our goal is straightforward: to help clients reduce stress, regain time in their lives, and enjoy the positive outcomes of wealth—for themselves and for future generations. We offer the knowledge, acumen, and perspective that substantial wealth demands. Most important, we bring character and integrity to our work, embedding these qualities in our day-to-day decisions.
If you would like to discuss how your needs align with our team’s capabilities, please see the red “Contact Us” button at the top of our webpage.
A Unified Approach
At the Hunter-McCormack Group, we appreciate that wealth management is not accomplished in a vacuum. Every decision has ramifications that can impact a client’s overall wealth framework.
Our Private Client Advisors, Rosalie Hunter and Bill McCormack, have spent their careers working alongside ultra-high-net-worth clients. With more than 60 years of combined experience—all of it in private banking—they have developed the judgment and perspective to help clients weigh their options, evaluate possible scenarios, and design a path forward.
Skilled problem-solvers and attentive listeners, Rosalie and Bill look to deliver the entire organization, drawing from an extensive suite of services:
- Bespoke investment management, spanning a global portfolio with access to a variety of asset classes and instruments, tailored to each client’s risk profile, cash-flow needs, time horizon, and tax situation.
- Wealth strategy and planning, with an emphasis on asset location, structuring, and tax sensitivity, to transfer wealth across generations more effectively.
- Pre-liquidity-event planning, with access to investment banking capabilities through Bank of America and Merrill’s Private Sale Referral Network.
- Balance sheet optimization, including aggregated analysis of assets and liabilities, as well as the strategic use of debt.
- Family dynamics and stewardship, incorporating insights from the Merrill Center for Family Wealth to advance clear communication and support the cultivation of positive wealth dynamics across generations.
- Charitable giving and philanthropy, mindful of the vehicles that can deliver strategic advantages to families and beneficiaries alike.
Merrill, its affiliates, and financial advisors do not provide legal, tax, or accounting advice. You should consult your legal and/or tax advisors before making any financial decisions.
When clients visit our office, they notice something unusual: we sit at one desk.
This structure, we believe, lends greater continuity to our efforts. It also reveals our mindset—we are one team, equally dedicated to serving clients and united in our efforts to deliver a preeminent client experience. We don’t adhere to rigid hierarchies. A harmonious, close-knit team, we work well together, passionate in our desire to have a meaningful, positive impact on the families we serve.
Our collaboration, we believe, has measurable value for the people we advise:
- We are closely attuned to each client’s circumstances. Whether a client is in the midst of a major transaction, has a small administrative need, or is traveling outside the country, we are aware of each client’s situation—a attentiveness that results in heightened responsiveness.
- We work well with a client’s tax and legal intermediaries. Clients look to us as the architect of their overall financial plan. We embrace that role, working effectively with their external tax and legal advisors to advance steady progress on long-term initiatives, sharing information for better idea flow and execution.
- We integrate the advice of locally based specialists. As a team within Merrill Private Wealth Management, we have access to an expansive roster of specialists within the firm and across the Bank of America enterprise. This robust network allows us address wealth’s complexities with the rigor, analysis, and continuity that it deserves.
At the Hunter-McCormack Group, we are a high-touch team that is deeply invested in the lives of the families we serve. We look to deliver a caliber of service that exceeds all others.
We serve a limited number of clients by design, so that we can provide the attentive care that is our hallmark. Our outreach is deeply personalized, discreet, and sensitive to the needs of each person and family.
Here are a few of the ways that we differentiate the service we provide:
- A warm and welcoming environment. When clients visit our office, call us by phone, or reach out to us by email, they can perceive our genuine interest in their lives and their loved ones. We embrace each family’s goals as our own, walking with them through life’s joys and its challenges.
- An attentive presence. We answer our phones, return emails, and pride ourselves on speaking person-to-person to resolve any needs. In an era of dehumanized phone chains, we are the antithesis of that approach, lending the ideas and ingenuity that only live contact can convey.
- An emphasis on responsive action. We have a strong sense of urgency as a team, working effectively to answer questions and resolve any issues that arise. We also keep clients closely apprised of our progress on their behalf, adding to their poise and confidence in steady action.
- A commitment to client privacy. We appreciate the extreme importance of client privacy and integrate the firm’s full complement of technology and resources designed to safeguard client data. We are also extremely discreet, honoring client trust through our loyalty.