WelcomeYour priorities are distinctly your own. If you are a senior executive, company founder, public or private company owner, or inheritor, your situation is unique. Your path to significant wealth may have been circuitous or straightforward. At some point, however, you likely recognized that the management of your wealth had become more time consuming and complex than you had originally anticipated.
At the Marcinek McHugh Group, we understand the intricacies of substantial wealth. We advise a select group of highly successful clients, supporting them in deploying, growing and transferring their wealth more effectively. We are focused on outcomes—quantitative and qualitative— and helping clients enact a more thoughtful, efficient and forward-thinking approach to their wealth.
Our backgrounds and skillsets enable us to provide meaningful advice, with over thirty years of combined financial services experience. Our team leaders, Brian Marcinek and Richard McHugh, offer the knowledge and insight they have gained from guiding peer families through critical crossroads in their lives and legacies. Together with Kassidy Pratt, our Registered Private Wealth Client Associate, we look to provide a preeminent experience to a limited number of families, combining technical rigor, informed advice and committed service.
We take tremendous satisfaction in being helpful in any way we can. Clients look to us for evenhanded guidance on matters large or small, business-oriented or personal. We savor the opportunity to help clients deploy their wealth more purposefully and with higher impact. In addition, we recognize that wealth management encompasses far more than a balance sheet; it involves our clients’ passions, values and vision. We look to help clients advance their intentions for their wealth—whether they want to sell their business, start a new one, structure their estate for future generations, finance a plane or yacht, or pursue another significant goal.
We fully invest in each relationship, attesting to our commitment to our clients and honoring the trust they have placed in us. We strive to discern both where clients are in their financial lives and, importantly, where they want to be.
We believe your unique goals should be at the center of all of your financial decisions and form the foundation of your financial strategy. Because significant wealth requires customized goals-based financial strategies, we believe in building lasting relationships with a limited number of clients, taking the time to understand your most important priorities for today, tomorrow and your long-term future. Our philosophy celebrates collaboration. Working with a team of specialists, we draw on the resources and insights of a global financial institution to create strategies that reflect your aspirations for yourself and current and future generations of your family. Finally, we believe that while significant wealth brings complex challenges, our experience, passion and perspectives can help you simplify your life.
Our Suite of Offerings
We serve busy people who have many demands on their time. Mindful of this fact, we strive make their financial lives as convenient as possible. Clients delegate important matters to us because they know we will tackle issues and problems with relentless attention. Our background in investments, banking, family office services and business structuring has broadened the scope of our value proposition.
Here are some of the needs we are skilled in addressing:
- Investment management. We are committed to helping you achieve financial outcomes that are aligned to your personal goals. One key element is thoughtful and well-managed investing. Our nearly thirty years of combined experience in investment management, paired with an extraordinarily deep platform at Merrill Private Wealth Management, allow us to help our clients be correctly positioned in today’s ever-changing market environment.
- Traditional brokerage services. We also assist clients in traditional brokerage services, offering access to institutional-caliber execution capabilities across many major asset classes such as equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, commodities, and derivatives.
- Pre- and post-liquidity event strategies. We have guided a number of business owners and entrepreneurs through the structure and sale of their businesses. We know first-hand the importance of anticipatory and timely action. We also advise clients about business succession planning and governance.
- Wealth planning. We are deliberate, methodical and analytical in our approach. We tackle large-scale wealth planning initiatives in a sequenced and logical manner, laying out a deliberate path toward pursuing each client’s objectives.
- Customized credit. Clients look to us for assistance in financing marquis real estate acquisitions, as well as aircraft, marine vessels, art and other luxury goods. Our access to banking services through Bank of America provides us with a timely and responsive framework to negotiate customized lending on a client’s behalf.
- Legacy design. From next-generation education and stewardship to large-scale philanthropy, we support clients in visualizing, advancing and confirming their long-term legacies. Our approach is collaborative, drawing on the advice and guidance of specialists, both within the firm and those of our clients.
*Some or all alternative investments may not be in the best interests for certain investors. Certain alternative investments carry significant risk and are not subject to the same regulatory oversight as mutual funds and other traditional investments. For these reasons, access to alternative investments may be limited to investors who are designated as sophisticated, high-net-worth investors.
Our FocusWe take great satisfaction in helping clients resolve issues and allay concerns. Some clients come to us with challenging situations that require intensive evaluation. For others, we help to anticipate possible blind spots, alerting them to potential issues that can often be avoided through solid planning. Our goal is the same: designing elegant strategies that are personalized to each client’s situation.
We preserve the highest level of privacy, earning client trust through our judgment and discretion. We also look to add tangible value by broadening clients’ networks, connecting them to like-minded peers, so they can share best practices and ideas.
We see ourselves as privileged to serve as an extension of a client’s family, and we welcome high expectations and standards as we hold them ourselves.
Brian, Richard, & Kassidy
A Commitment to Service
Merrill Private Wealth Management is committed to providing a select group of clients with highly personalized one-on-one service. When you work with us, our knowledgeable, rigorously trained private wealth advisors will gain a deep understanding of your goals, help you develop a multigenerational wealth strategy, and help you update your approach as needed. We are committed to providing you access to the investment insights of Merrill and the banking convenience of Bank of America, and Merrill will continue to invest in client tools and new technology to enhance your overall experience as you and your private wealth advisor pursue what’s most important to you.